Unity Operating System (UOS), an in-house developed operating system by China-based software designers including NewStart, Wuhan Deepin Technology and stated-owned CEC, has made the first version available in December. Now beta and release candidate versions are available for download.
The system can support domestic CPU platforms such as x86, Loongson, Shenwei, ARM, etc., and can replace the Microsoft Windows operating system to meet the needs of different users for office, life, and entertainment.
So far, the UOS has completed adaption with hardware and software partners including:
- The first domestic CAD software
- A domestic PC maker
- Fingerprint unlock
- WPS, Chinese version of Microsoft Office
- Another office suite
- Tongfang Cloud
- China-made processor
- iFlytek, China's national champion in voice recognition
- An important CPU maker
- Domestic cloud desktop provider
- A must-use device by banks
- Popular software
UOS is divided into desktop version and server version. The desktop version uses an independently developed desktop environment.
According to the current adaptation progress, UOS has released a total of six ISO packages for three architectures, including the alpha, beta and RC versions.
Here are the beta and RC versions of the ISO packages for UOS that you can download:
- UOS x86_64 beta desktop version (Code: t2nt)
- UOS x86_64 RC desktop version (Code: 45b8)
- UOS x86_64 RC server version (Code: xjg4)
- UOS mips64el RC desktop version (Code: 1lxl)
- UOS mips64el RC server version (Code: mu6h)
- UOS arm64 RC desktop version (Code: llub)
- UOS arm64 RC server version (Code: pxkx)
On January 14, 2020, the first stable version the UOS was released: