Deepin OS today released recruitment notes for the Deepin OS 20 (1003) beta campaign, the update will add a mobile assistant to support both Android and iOS sides for easy management of mobile apps, files and more.
For procedures and details of the internal testing, please visit:
1. Added the Phone Assistant app, which supports managing applications, files, songs etc on Android and iOS phones.
2. Optimized the print preview, including the number of print copies, page number range, and printing direction.
3. Optimized the Date and Time module, which supports time format settings.
4. Optimized the Calculator app, supporting scientific calculation now.
5. Optimized hardware related functions, including power, sound, Wi-Fi.
6. Optimized system performance and improved overall fluency.
7. Optimized some deepin applications, including menu layout, interactive experience.
8. Fixed some problems from user feedback after the release of the last version.
Got to explore more features!
1.Change the sources, run in terminal:
sudo dedit /etc/apt/sources.list
2.Paste the following contents to sources.list, then save and exit.
## Generated by deepin-installer
deb [by-hash=force] https://community-packages.deepin.com/deepin/ apricot main contrib non-free
#deb-src https://community-packages.deepin.com/deepin/ apricot main contrib non-free
deb [trusted=yes] https://proposed-packages.deepin.com/dde-apricot unstable main contrib non-free
3.Execute sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade command in terminal. After upgrade successful, please reboot your computer.
2020.09.28: Commence testing
2020.09.28——2020.10.12 Test and fill in the internal test activity questionnaire & mobile assistant questionnaire
2020.10.12: End testing
Connect to internal source and upgrade the system to the latest edition.
Test and fill in the internal test activity questionnaire & mobile assistant questionnaire.
The internal testing is limited to members of Internal Testing Team.
All members of Internal Testing Team will participate by default
Members who consecutively absent for 3 times without asking for leave, will be dismissed from the Team
Please do not distribute the content and data of the Internal Testing, otherwise will be dismissed from the Team