A large number of Samsung phone users today said on Weibo that their Samsung devices are experiencing black screen and reboot problems. The affected phones include Galaxy S8, S9, S10 and even S20 models.
Some users have inferred that the Samsung phone could have experienced a time bug/server crash.
They said it’s because May 23 is the first day of the second April in China’a Lunar calendar and this caused the time error in Samsung’s system.
Samsung said on Weibo the cause is being actively investigated and solutions are being provided as soon as possible.
If you're experiencing it too, here's the solution.
1. Turn off automatic updates (turn off "Automatic download via WLAN").
2. Backup of mobile phone data.
3. Desktop entry on reboot has been changed to 1 May.
2. Double-click the power button to turn on the camera.
3. Open the camera settings in the upper left corner.
4. Pull down the notification bar to enter the settings.
5. Find the lock screen, click on it and then click on about the lock screen, update
Samsung has not yet responded to this incident.